That verse says that Jesus was made sin for us so that we can be made the righteousness of God in Him. One writer I consulted called it the most profound verse in the Bible.
God crossed many dimensions to become man and open to us the way of life.
- From infinity he came to an obscure Roman province on a dark planet in a nameless solar system in one of uncounted billions and billions of galaxies.
- From somewhere outside time he made himself subject to the oppression of the aging process.
- From perfect love he came to scorn and contempt.
- From eternal life he came to death.
- And from perfect holiness he became sin. For us, his enemies.
Every single individual on this planet is loved and valued by Jesus Christ. Every person is born for joy, and because of Jesus' unspeakable payment, joy is just one step away.